14.1.08

some pictures













The first few photos are just a few that I took around the campus.





































































































There's lots of graffiti everywhere here. Apparently, the students don't like Sarkozy very much.

















These pics were taken when I was with Laura in downtown Bordeaux on my second night. The building is the famed Grand Théâtre, and the dessert is called "fromage blanc aux pommes caramelisées." It was delicious! The reason it's in a little casserole is because we went to a restaurant called Cassolette which serves all its courses in these dishes. I'm definitely enjoying the food so far (but I haven't tried the wine yet unfortunately).







































































This picture is of the cookie/brownie aisle at Auchan, a grocery/department store kind of like Walmart or Zellers. I couldn't believe how many choices I had when buying cookies!















































This is rue Ste-Catherine, a pedestrian-only street filled with shops, restaurants, and markets. Laura told me it's the longest of its kind in France.





















































Yes, there actually is a store called Jennyfer! I was pretty pumped about it! A lot of the stores here have English names (the funniest I've found so far is Athlete's Foot), and you can almost always hear English songs playing in the stores. It kind of makes le feel like I'm at home-- almost.











































Here's my room. Is you can see, it's not super huge, but it's homey now that all my stuff is unpacked. The bag hanging from the window is actually vegetables; I'm using the outdoors as a makeshift fridge until I get a real one!





































































































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see that you brought your pig pillow with you :) Bordeaux looks beautiful and I can't wait to see more pictures. Just wait till you get to the larger cities, then you'll see what european is.....love ya sis

Anonymous said...

Oh, just so you know, dear_dhinus is me, your big sis Erica,it was my livejournal username...I should have probably mentioned that in the last comment....:)

Anonymous said...

just testing....I'll stop bugging you now.....