6.3.08

11/20!! Woo-hoo!

So I got my first "controle continu" back in my English-French translation class today, and I got 11/20!! I never thought I'd be so happy to barely pass something. I'll try to explain the French marking system a little bit, even though I still don't understand it completely. Everything is marked out of 20. If you get under 10, then you fail, but if you get 10 or over, you pass. It doesn't matter your mark out of 20, just as long as you pass. An 11 or 12 is really good, a 13 or 14 is excellent, a 15 or 16 is amazing, and nobody ever gets a 17 or above, as far as I know. I'm not exactly sure where profs get these marks from, but I'm content with my 11, especially because it was a difficult text and I was translating into French; this is harder for non-native speakers, so I'm assuming the prof went a little easier on me. So I'm excited.

2 comments:

david santos said...

Hello, Jeny!
Thanks for your posting and have a good weekend.

rachelle in winnipeg, it's a living said...

good job stanks! 11/20... it's odd seeing the beave be pumped about a mark like that... it's much more of an otter grade to be proud of. but after explaining french standards. GOOD JOB! i'm glad you wrote a frequent blog! (gives me something to read on my long tiresome afternoons at work).
okay have a good day!
-r